You signed up for Google Buzz.
You had the option to start following the people that you e-mail and chat with on Gmail.
You used Google Buzz for a while.
Then something happened.
People you never heard about, started following you.
And following you more.
Here are some unedited responses from actual Google Buzz users to the question:
Why are you following me on Google Buzz?
- I noticed you were following me, so I looked at your profile, checked out some of your posts/discussions and watched for little while. I found I was interested in what you had to Buzz or were Buzzing about so I followed. I do this for every person that follows me and if I don’t like what I see I don’t follow.
- to have more information..isn’t it the very purpose of all of these? and to give away more info..a communication cycle indeed!
- Ether I saw a comment of yours, liked it and decided to check out your buzz’s saw they were also interesting so decided to follow you. Or you followed me, I checked out your buzz’s and decided you’d be interesting to follow
- I only follow people that seem to post interesting Buzz’s. And, since you started following me, I of course checked you up, and thought I’d like to follow you. Now, why do you follow me?
- because my buzz so lonely
- now im following you..also your blogs..hope you have time to have a glimpse on my blogs too..thank you very much
- maybe it’s the google automatic following settings…
- I thought it was wonderful when you followed me from Hawaii, so I followed you back
Everybody has a reason, but by far the most common answer is:
Well I saw that you were following me, so I thought…let’s follow back
How do you retain your current followers?
Content is KING.
It’s easy to gain followers on Buzz if you start following people because they will follow you back.
However, here are 2 warning from Google Buzz users:
If your posts don’t take my interest, I’ll probably unfollow you within the next few days. If your posts are interesting, I’ll keep following you.
I follow folks who contribute to conversations, if you don’t contribute, I will unfollow you.
Google Buzz is a great tool to engage in conversations. People will be eager to follow you back, but they are expecting you to participate in the conversation.
Great content doesn’t happy by accident! Take some cues from current Google Buzz users and improve your Buzz feed today.
Follow me on Google Buzz at http://www.google.com/profiles/damiandavilarojas