I would like to start by thanking the great response to the article on 4 Tips for a Successful Email Newsletter. This article was featured by MarketingProfs as a short article on Four Tips for E-Newsletter Success and as a piece on their Get To the Po!nt email newsletter.
In this article, I want to talk about Tip 3 from the 4 Tips for a Successful Email Newsletter.
Tip 3: Showcase your Customers and Successes
Organizations are always quick to tell everybody about how great their product/service are.
They tell you how their lifes improve, how they make more money, how they are now in absolute bliss.
The problem is that THEY are telling you about what they think that their customers are doing, instead of just giving the floor to their actual customers.
If you want to share customer success stories: show how REAL people make ACTUAL use of your product or service.
A company that does this very well is Evernote.
On their text-only email newsletter (yes you read right, a text-only email newsletter), Evernote does an amazing job at showcasing how their real users make actual use of their service.
This is what they wrote:
The Evernote Creative Series
We have been showcasing creative uses for Evernote and the creative people behind them. Get inspired:
– How a DJ and performer uses Evernote: http://s.evernote.com/djs
– How a fashion designer uses Evernote: http://s.evernote.com/fashion
– How Aviary.com uses Evernote for whiteboarding and brainstorming: http://s.evernote.com/aviary
– How to create a mood board in Evernote: http://s.evernote.com/moodboard
– How a professional photographer uses Evernote: http://s.evernote.com/photography
Short. Sweet. Powerful.
Let your actual users do the talking about the benefits of using your products and services.