With more than 430,000 Android users on the waiting list, Instagram is now available in Google Play. The Android app carries the same features (except tilt-shift/blur) and a similar user interface to that of the iOS version.
Users are able to browse friends’ photos, view the popular photos, and upload their own photos, as you would expect.
Included features on the 4/3/12 release are:
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders
- Lux works its magic by making your photos more vibrant and brings out details in your photos you couldn’t see before
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare (Flickr coming very soon)
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2
- Full front & back camera support